Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Games You've Played: FreeStyle Street Basketball

Move yo body don't stop d motion
You will show your skills and devotion
Freestyle hype the streets and commotion
Freestyle your move so you never lose
freestyle street basketball


Have you ever played Freestyle Street Basketball? If I recall correctly it was released in the Philippines around 2008 and was pretty much "Baller" get it? you know... LOL! 

It is a online street basketball game made by JCEntertainment that you can play 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 with a lot of angst due to it's hip hop culture. The game was fresh with awesome art and great music. It was usually played half court with a time limit of 3, 4 and 5 minutes respectively. There are no fouls, no out of bounds and like all games, it is who has the most points at then end that wins.

You start off as a guard, forward or center and work your way up in levels to being Point Guards, Shooting Guards, Small Forward or Power Forward. The cool thing is that you can customize the look of your character through clothes and buy moves with your hard earned points which you gain every game.

I think the best part of this game is the satisfaction you get from dunking and making your opponents look silly with your moves. You get all that over the top dunks, ankle breaking crossovers and random shot stances as you progress with your level.

Here was their official trailer in 480 pixel glory.


I played a Shooting Guard back then with a couple of my computer shop friends and we wrecked everyone 2 v 2.  This is probably my 2nd most money total I have spent online game in my life next to Ragnarok. This is mainly due to the Load Bug(like/+1 this article if you know what i mean :D ) I even got to play this game with my younger sister and it was all fun while it lasted. Since it got discontinued.

Well I got my eyes on Freestyle 2 that just got out recently. I'll give you a fresh look in the next article!

--

Did you play this game? I'd What are your best/funniest games? I'd like to hear it from you by commenting below!

No comments:

Post a Comment