Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cons of being a Gamer: Gaming Rage

gaming rage


This is probably where we get our bad reputations from. "Gamer Rage" what we call it, is pretty common in not just MMORPGs but in all games. Remember Floppy Bird? Even just thinking about playing that game gives me the feeling of throwing my phone across the room! I'm serious!

The thing is between gamers, the rage is pretty normal. But for outsiders looking in on us, I can see how they see it in a negative light due to all the cussing, trash talking and slamming of the keyboard. Gamer Rage can ignite from something simple as missing a jump in game or a god awful misplay that wipes out your whole team in any competitive game. I understand how frustrating it can get for most people especially when there is rivalry and pride involved.

I honestly have had my fair share of Gaming Rage during my teen years playing Ragnarok Online. I was pretty casual until I joined a guild and things got competitive. All the guild's enemies were my enemies by default and I was pretty confident in my skills as a player that I had to prove it. During times we won, I was in an ecstatic mood and when we lost, lets say I was pretty vocal about it and my girlfriend(now wife) was on the receiving end of my warpath.

You see, most Gamers suffer from what I like to call a "Bipolarish Disorder". We have the highest of highs and lowest of lows and with how games are set up, it is an endless cycle.

" Why you mad bro? It's just a game. "

--

Have you experienced gaming rage? What advice can you give for the mad bros?

No comments:

Post a Comment