Friday, August 15, 2014

Troubleshooting: Nokia Lumia Icon - Black Screen / Power Button doesn't work

I left my phone charging a while ago and as I got back to check it, the screen was BLACK. That was weird, since I don't remember turning it off. I pressed and held the side power button to turn it on and there was no response. I suddenly panicked since my phone was still pretty new.

nokia lumia icon power button

I checked the outlet and the charger for any signs of burning smells. There was no smell at all so I decided to try and charge it on my PC. It did that beeping sound that happens when you plug in anything in the USB ports so I guess it was turned on. There might be a problem with the LCD.

So I did some research on the internet and here is what I found:

SOLUTION: Do a soft reset. You can do this by holding down the power button and volume down button for 15 seconds until you feel your device vibrate. That should fix it. via wpcentral.com

It apparently is a known Windows 8.1 Bug, which is weird since I still have the 8.0 OS. But it still resolved the issue.
--

Did this fix it? Let me know with a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment