Saturday, August 16, 2014

Planning my Gaming Rig. I need your HELP!

Hi guys! I am planning my gaming rig and need your help. Any PRO pc builders out there?

I have always bought pre-made PCs/Laptops in my life since I really knew nothing about building one and it also scared me a lot. The thought of holding and installing hardware while fearing making mistakes and frying it is my worst nightmare! These things aren't cheap and wouldn't want anything to go to waste. Which is why I am asking for your help!

I have been scouring the net for pre-made ones like OriginPC, AvaDirect, Alienware and Digital Storm and I can't seem to find one that fits my needs or isn't overpriced. So I found this site and tried drafting out some parts. Here is what I have:

Dee's Ultimate Gaming PC


Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case

gaming pc

Full Build - HERE

CPU - Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Video Card - Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card
Storage - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Power Supply - SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

CPU Cooler - Recommendations?

The only 3 parts I want to keep are the CPU, 8GB RAM(will like cheaper options though) and the case. I think the CPU, RAM and Video Card is powerful enough to stream on twitch.tv while also playing from what I've researched. In the perfect world I'd want dedicated streaming PC but that is still further down the road for us lol.

Do motherboards matter? Like would getting something cheaper that could fit 8-16GB of RAM be good enough? What brands do you use?

The site also has CPU Cooler options. I'm guessing these are fans right? Say if I were to stream full-time 8-10 hrs a day, what cooling system should I get?

I need input from you techies out there! My budget is $1500 but I am willing to downgrade parts if there is no significant slowdown on performance. Let me know if I am missing anything else. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment