Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Why Dee's RO Journal was a failed project.

If you ever played Ragnarok Online in the Philippines you probably heard of my website Dee's Ragnarok Online Journal(deesrojournal.com). I did guides on the game for roughly 3 years and up until just a few months ago, I decided to pull the plug on it. Why you ask? Read below.

well...

I wasn't playing the game anymore.

Not that I didn't want to but REAL LIFE really just kicked in. Just got right out of college and got a job. The funny thing is that my guild mates were probably going through the same process as me, which was why the guild was empty most of the time. Just to point out that my guild mates and I practically grew up together In-game and we are pretty much in the same age group. Maybe this is what they call growing up.

3rd Jobs and LUG happened.

MVP cards, God Items and Broken Skills complicated a lot of builds. How was I going to make effective builds that survive your average MVP card/God Item Shura without sacrificing killing potential? Fuck it! I made the website for people like me who preferred old school RO where you could only count with your hands who had GRs, TGKs and GTBs.

The site was too general.

I think it's obvious that I don't only just play RO. I like game in different genres like MOBAS, FPSs, RTGs and RPGs on different gaming platforms. I wanted to keep things fresh on the website but yeah, I ran out of Ideas.

and lastly...

The website didn't cover it's cost.

Websites cost money to maintain. I barely made enough to cover 1 years cost. Counting Google Ads, Youtube(Hell! my Videos made more in a month than my site made in a quarter) and affiliates, I was pretty much pulling cash out of my own wallet to pay for Web Hosting and Domain.

and lastly...

I'm starting something new!

I moved out to the USA just recently and am currently working on a new project. Lets just say that it involves playing games and a web cam. Yes, you guessed it Video Game Streaming on Twitch! I'm pretty excited since this is pretty much next level ShiZ where I can interact with the gaming community while playing the games that we love. We will probably be playing RO of course and some new games that you guys might like like Minecraft, Pokemon XY, RO2, DotA2,Counter-strike and Sims 4 for the lols.

It will take until my sister and I can get our own apartment here so I'll keep you guys updated! Can't wait to play some GAIMZ with you guys!

See you around GUILDMATES!

Dee

3 comments:

  1. It's sad to hear that you're no longer playing pRO but I'm very happy that you're starting a new life in the US, the land of opportunity. I enjoyed visiting your RO guide website and I love seeing you online. We were on the same server. Will follow your new project and hope it succeeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries elmer when I get settled here we are going to play more RO and other games as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to tell you that your RO Journal was never a failed project for me. I'm sure, a lot of pRO players visited it at least once in their RO life.

    I'm still playing RO by the way, 1 year after the closure of pRO. Yup, I'm in iRO now and most of my characters were migrated. It's funny because, it's like playing RO for the first time.

    I guess I love interacting with other international RO players :)

    Elmer, Cadbury_pRO

    ReplyDelete